Although NobleProg maintains a number of popular Linux distros for DaDesktop, there may be an occasion when a specific distro that is not available is required. NobleProg are happy to support this for most mainline Linux distros. Please tell us where to download the ISO file and which server you want to publish the Custom OS template.
After we download the ISO file to the server, you will be able to see it under Admin Menu->OS IMAGES->ISO FILES under your account.
Then you can prepare the template under Admin Menu->OS IMAGES->CUSTOM OS TEMPLATES
Please follow this guide carefully, and complete all the steps as otherwise full DaDesktop operation is likely not to work.
- Install OS
- Set default username to "nobleprog"; Password to "nobleprog"
- Set "nobleprog" account to be Auto Login
- Use NobleProg Wallpaper
- Install spice-vdagent, using your package manager is usually the best approach.
- Install X11VNC, using your package manager is usually the best approach
- Configure X11VNC
- make sure X11VNC installed
- run command
sudo -ito open root shell
- run below command which allows X11VNC to auto-start on reboot
cat > /etc/xdg/autostart/x11vnc.desktop <<EOF [Desktop Entry] Type=Application Exec=/usr/bin/x11vnc -N -no6 -rfbportv6 -1 -allow 10.0.3.1 -nopw -shared -alwaysshared -forever -repeat -nowireframe -noscr -nocursorshape -skip_lockkeys -cursor_drag -grab_buster -deferupdate 10 -speeds 6000,5000,20 -afteraccept announce-vnc-users.sh -gone announce-vnc-users.sh Hidden=false X-MATE-Autostart-enabled=true X-MATE-AutoRestart=true Name[en_US]=X11VNC Name=X11VNC Comment[en_US]=Share desktop over VNC Comment=Share desktop over VNC EOF
- Create desktop notify script by running below commands
cat > /usr/local/bin/announce-vnc-users.sh </dev/null notify-send -a x11vnc "VNC users connected: $RFB_CLIENT_COUNT" EOF chmod +x /usr/local/bin/announce-vnc-users.sh
- Check firewall setting, make sure TCP port 5900 is open
- Disable sudo password ( recommended )
- Verify success
When connect, the URL, if changed to a new URL with
tokenquery parameter, then you are good to go. This means X11VNC is working. And the text box at the bottom left of the screen, which is used for copy/paste between your own desktop and virtual desktop should now be working.