Using DaDesktop for easy course training
Please note : DaDesktop can now allow one or more trainers for its courses.
The trainers will each have their own login to DD, and can control the ‘Trainer Desktop’ as if it were their own.
The idea is that both trainers will be on the Audio conference, swapping over at intervals as appropriate, but can take control of the Trainer Desktop as required. This will be especially useful on longer courses, or courses that just work better with input from two experts in their field to the course participants.
Before creating a new course
- The Trainer(s) should contact NobleProg to provide the following information:
- Course detail (Course title, Course schedule, Numbers of participants)
- Location for Trainer(s) and Delegates (so we can advise best datacentre to use)
- Trainer's email address(es)
- Recommended browsers for training
- Microsoft Edge
- The DaDesktop users require a good internet connection
- Usage of Wifi in coffee shop is not recommended because it is often unstable
- Before training please note again, DaDesktop is a web-based training portal
- Internet speed should be faster than: "10 Mbps download & 1 Mbps upload"
- Twin screen and camera is preferred if at all possible.
First step: How to set up your course - ▶Animation 1
- Course coordinators will help when creating a course
- Add Trainer(s) to the course by sending invitation link of registration
- The Trainer(s) can login with their own account via https://dd4t.dadesktop.com
- Next, send course invitations to participants (pink one)
- Note: If there is more than one Trainer taking the course, there is always only one Trainer machine used
Second step: Prepare your "DaDesktop" in the course - ▶Animation 2
- Click "Create from OS template" for Trainer desktop
- Choose the OS template, selecting the nearest datacentre, and configuration you require for course training
- Connect to the desktop, and do your preparation inside the DaDesktop VM
- Use the built-in 'Seafile' Cloud storage application to transfer files from your local laptop to inside of the DaDesktop machine and vice versa.
- Install VirtualBox or Virt-Manager (if using Linux, this is preferred) inside DaDesktop to work on Nested/Cluster applications, then you can set-up several desktops inside DaDesktop
- We recommend to transfer documents to PDF if you want to use Windows 10 Pro, as we don't include MS Office inside DaDesktop
- Download and make preparations as on your own desktop
- Please only use automatically supplied DHCP IP addresses for Fresh-Start machines. DO NOT use Static IP addresses or change MAC addresses or DNS settings for your FreshStart machines, as this will cause problems when cloned to Course Desktop VM's. Also please do not change the Computer name as this can also cause issues within DaDesktop.
Please get in touch with Tech Support if you require any help with the above.
Third step: Clone desktop to all participants - ▶Animation 3
- Finish preparation of the "Trainer desktop", exit and click to stop trainer desktop
- Click "Create from Trainer desktop" in Fresh-Start category to clone a desktop which is the same as the trainer's desktop
- If delegates are in other regions, please click options on "Create from Trainer desktop" to clone to delegate's region
Final step: Join training room - ▶Animation 4
- Trainer(s) and delegates need to click Training room and join together
- When join training room, system will auto clone desktop from Fresh-Start to all participants
- Inside the training room, there are audio and video auto-recordings
- Each delegate can see two desktops (Trainer's desktop and their own desktop); there is no need for screen sharing